Could you add another control scheme using keyboard? I couldn't play because I don't have a middle mouse button...
Leap for Love
tool class_name LeapForLove extends PrototypeGame
Leap for Love
It is a simple, short puzzle game. This is a prototype build for Game Jam+ Manila.
Leap for Love is a mouse button constrained platformer game wherein for a given amount of time, you must reach and save the princess frog!
Beware the dangers of the pond! For some reason, sharks have invaded the waters and so you must avoid them and the pond itself at all costs!
The goal is to reach the princess by traversing on the lotus pads.
The game is played by pressing the mouse buttons.
- Left mouse button = leap towards the left direction
- Right mouse button = leap towards the right direction
- Middle mouse button (scrolling wheel) = leap towards the direction you're directly faced at
You can only change your direction by rotation, specifically with the help of the lotus. A lotus rotates the frog by 90° angle.
After a game over, you can restart the level by simply clicking the pause button, which then you can finally select the restart button.
- Avoid falling on the water as the pond itself is infested with sharks!
- Leap for Love (Web) - the one that is executable via browser. This file is not available for download.
- Leap for Love (Windows) - a port for Windows.
- Leap for Love (Linux) - a port for Linux.
- Download and extract the file. The game is standalone so there is no need for installation; just click and play the game!
- Background music - Mushroom Theme.mp3 by CodeManu
- Font - Yanone Kaffeesatz by Yanone & Cyreal
- Transition shader - Simple circle transition by agurkas.
- Water shader - 2D Procedural Water by flytrap.
The rest of assets are made by me via Aseprite.
This game jam version has a lot of issues which I found right after the submission. The issues are the following:
- Title/start screen - there is a typo on the title, i.e., it should be written and read as 'Leap for Love', not 'Leap on Love'.
- Water shader - it does not work on the web port.
- Buttons - pausing the game causes the other ones to stop working.
- Level 2 - does not include the buttons.
- Timer - starts right away without any user input.
Things that can be done for the (possible) extended version is listed in this paste.